My client has been a leader of the construction industry since the 1930’s. Everywhere you turn you will find examples of their work – throughout Otago, Southland and MacKenzie Country.
From large-scale commercial developments through to building new wineries, heritage restoration work and award-winning architectural homes, they cover every aspect of the project delivery.
Is it you that they are looking for?
- You are a team player, taking responsibility for the control of project finances, and working with the team on wider project requirements where required.
- You are able to drive the project to meet or exceed budget, which is critical – but you can balance this with a considered approach to Safety, Quality, Programme and the Client Relationship to ensure all of our project goals are met.
- You can set up, maintain and regularly report on financial control systems including budget, forecasting, bonds and insurances.
- You understand standard New Zealand Contracts, and work within these to protect the interest of the project, and of the company with clear documentation to substantiate claims, variations and delays.
- Your written and verbal communication is clear, concise and professional.
- You are a great negotiator with the ability to keep the big picture in mind.
For this role, they need someone with:
- Relevant qualification in quantity surveying
- Min 5 years of experience in Commercial Construction
- QS’ing experience within a Main Contractor environment
- Good understanding of the NZ Construction market
- Full project life cycle
- Experience working on various sized projects
- Sub-contracting liaising
If this sounds like you, please reply to this advert with your most up to date CV or contact me directly.
Eloise: 021 195 6453 OR email@example.com
**Please note: We are ONLY considering applicants who are CURRENTLY based in New Zealand. You will NOT be considered if you are not currently based here.